Today, the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the tourism development is carrying out purposeful work, providing for the development of the tourism industry of Uzbekistan. In particular, conditions are created for the development and promotion of such types of tourism as ecotourism, geotourism, extreme, medical, autotourism, mountaineering and other modern outdoor activities.
Uzbekistan has great opportunities for the development of eco-tourism with its unique and sustainable network of eco-tourism routes, attractive to all categories of tourists, with further integration of the Republic into the international market. By the way, there are 8 natural reserves, 2 national parks, 1 biosphere reserve, 12 nature reserves and 7 natural monuments in the country.
A number of projects in this direction are being implemented in the Republic, one of which is the development of Aydar-Arnasay lake system. Thus, in order to attract tourist flow to the Republic, on April 23, 2019, the Government adopted the Resolution No. 347, which provides for the implementation of measures to further improve the use of biological resources of the Aydar-Arnasay lake system.
The adopted document provides for meeting the needs of the population in fish products, strengthening the protection of flora and fauna of the territory, the effective use of the tourist potential of the region.
One of the main objectives of the Resolution was to develop proposals for promising areas, mechanisms and tools for the development of eco-tourism in the country, taking into account foreign experience and practice, further expansion of international cooperation in the field of ecotourism and nature protection.
According to the document, it is planned to create a unitary enterprise "Directorate of Aydar-Arnasay lake system" under the State Tax Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the main objectives of which are as follows:
– creation and maintenance of fish hatcheries and incubation shops on the territory of Aydar-Arnasay lake system for the cultivation of young fish for further stocking of the reservoir;
– organization of hydrobiological and hydrochemical analysis of water resevoir;
– wide introduction of modern technologies and methods of fish growing in Aidar-Arnasay lake system;
– organization of an open competition for the provision of fishing grounds Aidar-Arnasay lake system;
– development of Amateur and sports tourism and fishing on the territory of Aidar-Arnasay lake system;
– increase in catch volumes, gradual formation of technological chains for the production of export-oriented and competitive fish products, etc.
Also, the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for tourism development, together with the ministries and departments involved, plans to develop road maps, the objectives of which will be the development of the Aydar-Arnasay Lake system.
To solve these problems, it is planned to consider the implementation of the following activities:
– involvement of international financial institutions (UNWTO, World Bank, TIKA, JICA and KOICA) for further about the funding of projects for the development of the project;
– attraction of large foreign hotel brands ("Hyatt Regency", "Marriott International", "Accor", "Home Inns", "Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group", etc.) for further construction of new hotels;
– involvement of large foreign consulting companies to develop specific solutions for the development of the project, etc.
It is noted that the implementation of this project will significantly improve the standard of living of the population of the region, create new jobs and strengthen international relations in the field of mutually beneficial cooperation and investment.
Press service of the State Committee for Tourism Development